Hints and Tips On Choosing The Right Rental Property For You
Follow our guide on how to find the perfect rental property:
- Budget – Set your rental budget according to your income and any personal outgoing such as a mobile phone. This figure will help narrow down your property search
- Bills – Remember to budget for your outgoings outside of the rent. Include extras such as cable TV and fluctuating bills such as gas and electricity
- Status – Whether you’re employed or unemployed, we are probably able to help. Get in touch to talk through your situation and see what we can do.
- Location – It’s good to have an idea of where you’d like to live. We’d recommend you also look in the neighbouring areas as, for example, once a child is in school then the catchment area is less of an issue.
You may find there are other benefits in different areas.
- Timescales – If you need a property in three months’ time then the properties currently on the site may not be available by then. Register for property alerts so you’ll know straightaway when something appropriate comes onto our books.
- Sharing the house – Would you like to live alone, with a partner, your family or with others? Once you know then you can work out how many bedrooms and bathrooms you will need
- Parking – do you have a car, or several? You will need to find a property that has parking allocated or available nearby
- Accessibility – If you have specific needs then please check the particulars, as these will contain all the information you need
- Décor – Is the décor important to you? Would you be prepared to redecorate? This could widen your choice of properties if so.
- Pets – Be aware that not all landlords accept pets, so please check the particulars of the property
- Smokers – Be aware that not all landlords accept smokers, so please check the particulars of the property.